At ResourceWise, we have two methodologies for collecting pricing data:
- Forest product pricing is the most precise and accurate available to the market. Collected from actual transactions for timber and lumber that are submitted by our customers, the data is then aggregated, anonymized, and reported back to our customers.
- Chemical pricing data is collected by our experienced industry experts through conversations with a robust range of market sources who are directly involved with chemical transactions.
Our forecasts are based on an in-depth analysis of historical pricing data and its correlation to the most influential market drivers.
For example, Fisher-STE Forecasts are made possible by good data, pulp & paper industry understanding, and System Dynamics mathematical models. Unlike traditional forecasting, our models work because they simulate the markets’ key drivers and how they interact: supply, demand, price, inventories, order rates, shipments, imports, exports, market leadership, etc.
Three Unique Benefits of Our Forecasts:
- We predict price turning points - not just price levels - for pulp, paper, and energy markets.
- We perform sensitivity analysis, testing proposed strategic plans against real market dynamics.
- We explain market movements in verifiable, fact-based, common-sense terms that industry professionals find useful.